- decongesting the skin and pores
- improved skin that is either too dry or too oily
- rejuvenated skin that has begun to look old or wrinkled
There are several versions of the facial treatment that depend on the skin type and need of the client. For examples, there are collagen facials, paraffin facials, and even chocolate facials! Choosing the correct facial for your skin type should depend on the advice of your aesthetic professional.
Most facial treatments include the following steps:
- Cleanse: After an aesthetician analyzes and addresses your skin type she will prep your skin with a double cleanse to create a clean canvas.
- Exfoliate: Next, steam will be used to open up the pores. A treatment is then applied to the skin that will exfoliate, release congestion and clarify and brighten the skin. Exfoliating the top layer of skin helps to reveal younger skin, as new skin cells are created in the dermis.
- Extractions: Extractions are then made if needed to rid your pores of any impurities and eliminate harmful bacteria which can cause acne.
- Massage: An aesthetician will give you a facial massage and / or acupressure which stimulates your skin, encouraging blood flow and lymphatic drainage.
- Mask: Depending on your skin type, an aesthetician will choose from a hydrating mask, clay based pore-minimizing and tightening mask, or a soothing mask to reduce redness.