A skincare routine does not only include skincare products, a healthy diet is also important to compelete a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, the best diet to prevent wrinkles is one rich in antioxidants which helps firght free radicals.
For example, consuming olive oil is known to help orevent wrinkles by making the skin less dry. This is known as the “Mediterranean Diet” , which hasbeen featured on the news for overall health. The best way to incorporate olive oil into your diet is to substitute it for butter or vegetable oil in your food preparation. However, olive oil is to be consumed in moderation as the USDA recommends 6 tablespoons a day of oils/fats.
Other foods that help prevent wrinkles are:
- Blueberries: Prevent long-term cell damage with the powerhouse antioxidants found in blueberries.
- Kiwi, Guava and Strawberries: Prevent wrinkles and stimulate collagen by snacking on vitamin C-packed strawberries, guava and kiwi.
- Oysters: These slimy little creatures are choc full of zinc — a major player in skin repair that helps create collagen, which provides the structural support in skin.
- Tomato Paste: Protect your skin from sun damage by feasting on lycopene-full tomatoes.
- Wild Salmon: Keep skin soft and supple by adding omega-3 fatty acid-rich wild salmon to your diet
You also can apply antioxidants to your skin by using skin care products with those ingredients. To find out which skin care products use antioxidants, visit www.dermalogistics.com.