Exfoliating is one of the most important steps in a skincare regimen. Whether it is for your face, arms, or legs; your whole body can enjoy the benefits of soft and glowing skin that come from exfoliation.
There are a variety of facial exfoliators such as scrubs, chemical peels, enzymes, and facial treatments. However, the best type of exfoliation for you depends on your skin type. For example, scrubs are better for oily skin, while chemical exfoliation is better for dry skin because it helps remove fine lines and wrinkles. For the body, try a full body scrub, shower gel, or dry brushing.
Exfoliating should be done at least once a week, but can be done more often if you do not have sensitive skin. It is important to be gentle in order to prevent damage to the skin, especially when using a scrub.
In addition to smooth skin, other benefits are exfoliating are:
Reduce bumps and ingrown hairs
Improves texture and reduced rough spots
Get a closer shave by removing dead skin cells
Prevent signs of aging such as wrinkles
Helps prevent breakouts and acne by removing trapped oil and dirt from pores
Even out skin tone
Helps skin care product penetrate deeper and therefore are more effective
Get a longer lasting and more even fake tan
Looking for the best exfoliator for your skin type? At www.dermalogistics.com we have a variety of exfoliators and skin care product available for purchase online.
BB Creams are everywhere right now. But why are they so popular? Below are some tips on how to incorporate them into your beauty and skincare routine.BB Creams are an all-in-one makeup product that creates an even base for skin. BB stands for Beauty Balm (or Blemish Base) and includes moisturizer, primer, and SPF in one product. Whether your skin is dry, sensitive, or oily; there is a large selection of BB Creams for all skin types. They even come in different price points, so anyone can afford them!
If you have young skin and only need minimal coverage, this product is perfect for you! Some tips on how to use BB Cream are:
Determine the level of coverage that you need.
Use it to cover small blemishes by setting if with loose power.
For more coverage, use it as a base for foundation.
Benefits of BB Cream
Because it is a multipurpose product, there are several benefits that it provides. With this product you can even out your skin tone while maintaining lightweight coverage. BB Creams are great for summer as they include sunscreen and give you a naturally glowing complexion. Not only does it cover the needs of a makeup, it also works as a skincare product by including anti-aging ingredients and benefits.
In addition to using BB Cream to create a clear skin, a skin care product regimen also is important to achieve a perfect complexion. Even before you apply makeup, prepare your skin with a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. To learn more about medical skin care products, visit http://www.dermalogistics.com.
A skincare routine does not only include skincare products, a healthy diet is also important to compelete a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, the best diet to prevent wrinkles is one rich in antioxidants which helps firght free radicals.
For example, consuming olive oil is known to help orevent wrinkles by making the skin less dry. This is known as the “Mediterranean Diet” , which hasbeen featured on the news for overall health. The best way to incorporate olive oil into your diet is to substitute it for butter or vegetable oil in your food preparation. However, olive oil is to be consumed in moderation as the USDA recommends 6 tablespoons a day of oils/fats.
Other foods that help prevent wrinkles are:
- Blueberries: Prevent long-term cell damage with the powerhouse antioxidants found in blueberries.
- Kiwi, Guava and Strawberries: Prevent wrinkles and stimulate collagen by snacking on vitamin C-packed strawberries, guava and kiwi.
- Oysters: These slimy little creatures are choc full of zinc — a major player in skin repair that helps create collagen, which provides the structural support in skin.
- Tomato Paste: Protect your skin from sun damage by feasting on lycopene-full tomatoes.
- Wild Salmon: Keep skin soft and supple by adding omega-3 fatty acid-rich wild salmon to your diet
You also can apply antioxidants to your skin by using skin care products with those ingredients. To find out which skin care products use antioxidants, visit www.dermalogistics.com.
Fall season means cooler weather, which affects the skin in different ways from warm weather. So in addition to changing your wardrobe for this season, consider also changing your skin care regimen and products.
Though sunscreen should be used for every season, skin care for Fall needs an increase in moisturizers to help protect the skin. Other tips include:
- For dry skin types, it’s a good time to switch to a hydrating option. For more oil-rich skin types, you can likely continue with your summer cleanser in the P.M., but may want to switch to a lighter cleanser in the A.M.
- Use products with Vitamin C. When applied topically as a serum, it creates a beautiful glow and also helps brighten the skin. Best used in the morning, vitamin C also helps fend off free radicals in the environment that may otherwise cause damage to your skin.
- One good option would be to put moisture back into the air. A humidifying system can help your skin remain supple. You can buy a system from your local drug store.
- This will help protect your skin from moisture loss. Choose one that comes in an ointment form as it will contain 80% oil. Creams and lotions may tend to dry out the skin rather than keep it moisturized and soft. I’m not sure what you’re referring to here. When you say This will help protect your skin from moisture loss I’m assuming you are talking about the humidifier but then you mention an ointment.
Facials are not only a great way to relax and pamper yourself, they also offer may benefits including healthier, more balanced skin, firming and rejuvenation as well as anti-aging and hydration.
- decongesting the skin and pores
- improved skin that is either too dry or too oily
- rejuvenated skin that has begun to look old or wrinkled
There are several versions of the facial treatment that depend on the skin type and need of the client. For examples, there are collagen facials, paraffin facials, and even chocolate facials! Choosing the correct facial for your skin type should depend on the advice of your aesthetic professional.
Most facial treatments include the following steps:
- Cleanse: After an aesthetician analyzes and addresses your skin type she will prep your skin with a double cleanse to create a clean canvas.
- Exfoliate: Next, steam will be used to open up the pores. A treatment is then applied to the skin that will exfoliate, release congestion and clarify and brighten the skin. Exfoliating the top layer of skin helps to reveal younger skin, as new skin cells are created in the dermis.
- Extractions: Extractions are then made if needed to rid your pores of any impurities and eliminate harmful bacteria which can cause acne.
- Massage: An aesthetician will give you a facial massage and / or acupressure which stimulates your skin, encouraging blood flow and lymphatic drainage.
- Mask: Depending on your skin type, an aesthetician will choose from a hydrating mask, clay based pore-minimizing and tightening mask, or a soothing mask to reduce redness.
How To Treat Dry Skin
Signs of dry skin are itchy, rough skin and redness. Dry skin is caused by dehydration and lack of moisture which leads to fine lines and wrinkles.
Now that Fall is here, symptoms of dry skin are more common due to environmental factors such as dry and cold weather. Other causes are UV rays and using water that is too hot to wash your face.
Best Products for Dry Skin
The best treatment for dry skin is to use products that moisturize the skin and soothes irritaded or red skin. The following recommendations are some of the best products for dry skin made by mesoestetic.
For daily use, a gentle cleanser and toner is recommended to rehydrate the skin. Try the Hydra Milk Cleanser which is a moisturizing cleanser by mesoestetic to bring back a healthy glow. After that, you can use the Hydronic toner to balance and oxygenate the skin. This toner does not include alcohol, so it helps prevent dehydration.
Follow up this daily skin care routine with a face mask that you can use as needed. The Hydra – Vital Face Mask works great for dry skin because it contains Vitamin E & C, which helps replenish water loss to brighten and soften complexion.
To order these and other skin care products by mesoestetic, visit http://www.dermalogistics.com.
The best skin care products for your skin depend on the type of skin that you have. For example, a product may have a different effect on dry skin than on oily skin. In order to select the best skin care products for you, review the descriptions below to identify your skin type.
Dry skin is more likely to be irritated and prone to aging and fine lines. Wrinkles and small pores are signs of this skin type, so face masks and moisturizers are great treatments for dry skin. For this type of skin, look for products that have Vitamin C & E such as the Hydr Vital Face Mask by mesoestetic.
Oily skin is greasy and shiny, but also can be identified by large pores and acne. This type of skin is less likely to have wrinkles and ages slower. Regular cleansing and not using rich creams is needed. The best type of products for oily skin are ones that clear clogged pores such as the Purifying Face mask by mesoestetic.
If you have an oily nose and forehead, but dry cheeks, you have combination skin. This include patches of dry and oily skin so a mix of products are needed for each area. You can treat both types of skin with products by mesoestetic. See which products are available for dry and oliy skin here.
Symptoms of sensitive skin is red, irritated, and itchy skin. It is tight due to the lack of moisture and tends to breakout in spots, so products without fragrance or harsh treatments are not recommended. Look for products with Aloe Vera to soothe skin such as the Anti-Stress Face Mask by mesoestetic.